Fall 2008: Volume 17, Number 4
What will my life be like after SCI?
A new documentary short, Moving Forward after SCI, was made to help newly injured patients imagine a hopeful future.
The road back to school after spinal cord injury
By Aditya Ganapathiraju
The author, who has C-5 quadriplegia, writes about his journey from hospital bed back to college after his injury at age 19.
- The PRISMS study (Project to Improve Symptoms and Mood after SCI).
New study at UW Rehabilitation Medicine investigates the potential benefit of venlafaxine XR (Effexor XR) in treating common physical and emotional symptoms after SCI, such as low mood, poor energy, poor sleep, loss of interest in usual activities, and pain.
- Participate in Research
Opportunities for individuals with SCI to participate in UW research studies.
- SCI Forum
- Autonomic Dysreflexia by Janna Friedly, MD, assistant professor in the Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Washington (October 9, 2007).
- Reports and videos of past SCI Forum presentations:
- Literature Review: 11 abstracts on SCI topics
- Download a printer-friendly version of this newsletter ( 1078 KB PDF).