Participants in the Transitions program will have the opportunity to take part in adapted mind/body stretch, aquatics, and sailing trips at no cost.
Eligibility to participate:
- The client must have a referral from a University of Washington Medical Center or Harborview Medical Center SCI provider prior to participation in this exercise class indicating he or she is fit to participate.
- The client must be able to participate in a pre-screening physical evaluation with the site coordinator prior to participation.
- The individual must have a spinal cord injury.
- The spinal cord injury can be complete or incomplete.
- The individual must be a Rehabilitation Medicine patient at the University of Washington Medical Center or Harborview Medical Center.
- The individual is at least 16 years old and able to sign a consent for participation.
If you need assistance finding transportation to any of the class locations, please call Jodi Connolly at the Getting There Transportation Resource Center, 206-744-8747.