Cool Things! What Your SCI Peers are Doing for Fun and Community
Presented on November 4, 2017 at the SCI Wellness Summit.
In short multi-media presentations, six individuals with SCI share the activities, adventures and passions they discovered after injury.
- Brom, a mouth painter with tetraplegia, talks about how art has shaped his life and enabled travel and adventure since his injury 42 years ago. [Starts at 01:05]
- Ian, who has C2 tetraplegia and loves the outdoors, drove his power wheelchair from Canada to Oregon to advocate for accessible trails, enjoy the scenery, visit friends, and sample local craft breweries along the way. [Starts at 09:27]
- Amy has paraplegia and discovered competitive adaptive rowing with Seize the Oar. [Starts at 22:55]
- Jesse started adaptive bowling with an special device that attaches to his power chair after sustaining a high cervical spinal cord injury. [Starts at 30:22]
- Jayden, who has tetraplegia, travels around the U.S. playing with his quad rugby team Seattle Slam. [Starts at 39:15]
- Sean has paraplegia and is a passionate wheelchair basketball player with Seattle Adaptive Sports and Team USA. [Starts at 44:15]
Presentation time: 51 minutes.
View this video on our YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/b_T0fldm4zc
After watching, please complete our two-minute survey.