Spring 2015: Volume 24, Number 1
- Swollen Feet and Legs: Edema in SCI
Learn about this common problem, how to manage it, and why it matters.
- Managing Chronic Pain after Spinal Cord Injury — Part 1: Medical Approaches
Many people with SCI have chronic pain that keeps them from participating in activities and fully enjoying life. UW Rehabilitation Medicine physician Deborah Crane talks about types and causes of chronic pain in SCI and different medical approaches to managing it.
- UW Researchers Publish Landmark Study of Depression and SCI
In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial, Charles Bombardier, PhD, and Jesse Fann, MD found that the anti-depressant medication venlafaxine hydrochloride extended-release (XR) was effective in reducing severe depression in people with spinal cord injuries.
- Literature Review: 12 abstracts of medical journal articles on SCI topics
Read about recent research findings on cell-based therapies, heart disease, spasticity and other topics related to spinal cord injury.
- Tips from the Wheel World
Real people with SCI share their tips, ideas and gizmos for making life with SCI a little easier.
- Please help us improve our newsletter and website by completing this short survey.
- Download a printer-friendly version of this newsletter.
- SCI Forums you may have missed:
- Find articles from past newsletters in our newsletter archive.
- Subscribe to the newsletter