Spring 2011: Volume 20, Number 1
- Transitions program paves way to independence, quality of life
Find out about the new SCI Transitions Health Maintenance and Wellness Program at both UW and Harborview Medical Centers that is helping newly injured patients transition into community participation and independence. The program includes exercise classes (pictured right).
- June 25th golf fundraiser will support Transitions
Friends of Brian Moore, who sustained a spinal cord injury in August 2010, are organizing a golf tournament in his honor to raise funds for the UW Medicine's new Transitions program.
- New research from the SCI Model Systems
Read the latest research findings from the 14 federally funded SCI Model Systems from around the U.S., including the Northwest Regional Spinal Cord Injury System here at the University of Washington.
- Literature Review: 12 abstracts of medical journal articles on SCI topics
Read about recent research findings in pain, skin care, weight management and other topics related to spinal cord injury.
- Download a printer-friendly version of this newsletter (1.29MB PDF)
- SCI Forum reports and videos you may have missed:
- Read articles from past newsletters in our newsletter articles Archive.
Participate in research
Opportunities for individuals with SCI to participate in UW research studies, including a new study of exercise and mood in persons with MS or SCI.